2016 General Information
Meeting location, registration and CME information:
2016 Meeting Agenda
Program Agenda for Missouri Society of Pathologists 2016 Meeting
Saturday March 19th, 2016; 8:00 am-2:00 pm
8:00 am Registration; Coffee and Refreshments in Exhibition Hall
8:15 am-Noon Program
Moderator: Jeffrey L. Craver, MD
Karen Moser, MD 8:15-9:15
Assistant Professor of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Update on Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Discuss the current ISTH guidelines for lupus anticoagulant diagnosis.
- Identify effects of anticoagulant medications, including direct oral anticoagulants, on lupus anticoagulant assay results.
- Evaluate patient case data to determine whether antiphospholipid syndrome laboratory diagnostic criteria are met.
Michael Graham, MD 9:30-10-30
Professor of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Forensic Pathology--What to do, When to do it, What it means
- Understand the meaning of terms used in death certification.
- Understand components of modern medicolegal death investigation.
- Recognize patterned injuries and injury patterns.
Robin Chamberland, PhD 10:45-11:45
Assistant Professor of Pathology, Director of Microbiology Laboratory, Saint Louis University Hospital
Advances in Molecular Diagnosis of Infectious Disease
- Describe the appropriate use of molecular methods for diagnosis of infectious disease.
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of culture independent methods for pathogen detection and identification.
Praveen Chenna, MD and luncheon; Noon-1:00**
Assistant Professor of Medicine Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine; Washington University School of Medicine
A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Management of Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Exploring the role of molecular testing in advanced or metastatic lung cancer including tissue acquisition.
- Identifying the key drivers of molecular testing and the challenges associated with them.
- Reinforcing the role of a multidisciplinary team in advanced or metastatic lung cancer treatment.
**Dr. Chennaís presentation and the luncheon are sponsored by Genentech BioOncology with the appreciated assistance of Dot Guccione MSN, MBA; Pathology Education Specialist; email@example.com
MSP Annual Business Meeting 1:00-2:00